Tuesday, October 19, 2010

one of my favorite places to visit



Posted by Picasa

We have a small but lively public library here in Belmopan and I feel so at home there.  And fortunately it is filled with enough books to keep me busy for while.  

The librarian is friendly and very helpful.  Her name is Mary and she is one of my new friends on Facebook.  While we were chatting the other day we even discovered that we live just one street over from each other.  Ms. Mary has such an incredible heart for children.  One day I went in there and found her painting the bookshelves because she wanted to brighten up the place.  She told me she started off cleaning the shelves and ended up deciding it would be better to paint them instead.  

I usually check out two books a week and this week one of my finds was "Reading Lolita in Tehran" by Azar Nafisi.  As a child I used to climb the tree in our front yard to read books during the long hot summers in Kansas.  Here in Belize I enjoy an hour or two in the hammock with a good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment