Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lean in...

As we drove away from the airport, away from Spencer, away from the days of having our two sons tucked safely into our nest, I clearly heard the words "Lean in" whispered in my ear.

I kept seeing these gnarly looking trees bowing at the Caribbean's edge as if taking a sip of it's life-giving power.

My word for this year is Embrace.  I thought that meant that this year would be a celebration of accepting new things, people and places into our lives.  Now what I am sensing is that this is a year of Embracing Him and Him alone no matter what comes my way.  A year of Leaning In to Him to meet my needs.  Not just the physical needs but the emotional and spiritual ones.

The first scripture that came to my mind was Proverbs 3:5.  But, when I read it in the Amplified version it said:

Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind 
and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.  

Lean on?  I thought I was supposed to lean in?  And then it hits me...

I have to lean IN to Him to be able to lean ON Him

I cannot lean on Him from a distance.  I have to move in close.  And close to Him is where I need to be right now...and always.

Through the changes that are inevitable in life, through the different seasons we pass in and out of on life's journey, and the trials we may face along the way...the best way to get through it all is with Him.

I cannot speak as one who has it all figured out.  I can only give witness as one who is still learning and growing and doing my best to Lean In.


2 comments: