Thursday, August 06, 2009

Siberian Ginseng

These past few weeks I have not been feeling well. The constant change in the weather along with the work load that we have been carrying has taken it's toll on my body. There were days when I felt as if my fibromyalgia was totally in control of my life.

A friend sent me a text message today describing a natural medication that she thought might be of help to me. It's nickname is Siberian ginseng and here is a blurb from the University of Maryland Medical Center:

also known as eleuthero, has been used for centuries in Eastern countries, including China and Russia. Although a distant relative of American (Panax quinquefolius ) and Asian ginseng (Panax ginseng ), with some overlap in its uses, Siberian ginseng is a distinct plant with different active chemical components. Prized for its ability to restore vigor, increase longevity, enhance overall health, and stimulate both a healthy appetite and a good memory, it is widely used in Russia to help the body adapt to stressful conditions and to enhance productivity.

You can read the rest of the article by clicking here

I am looking forward to feeling better and am hoping that this works out for me! If you give it a try let me know!!

4 comments:

  1. So, what's it called in Russian? Do they take it here as a tea or capsule? Just wondering...

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Russian it is called:
    Элеутерококка эскстракт

    it was recommended by Carre! The apteka I go to had it in pill form 100mg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it'll be interesting to see what affect it has. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good reminder to go take mine it does help me feel better

    ReplyDelete