Monday, May 17, 2010

all good things must come to an end

For the past five years we have lived happily here in Krasnodar, Russia. We would still love to live here but it is clear to us that it is time to move on.

During this last round of visa troubles while we were sitting in Turkey waiting, Tom was asked to run a rehab center in Belmopan, Belize.

We only have until July 1st on our visa so we have a lot to get done in just 6 weeks time. It is amazing to us how God has worked out all of the details to make this move. All of our big things already have a buyer including our apartment. This is further reassurance to us of God's hand not just in our life but in the lives of our friends as well. Those who needed a fridge are getting one, those who needed a larger place to live are getting one and so on. Blessings are being felt all around and we are so grateful to be a part of the process!

5 comments:

  1. From Russia to Belize! Wow! I was part of a teacher inservice session in San Ignacio, Belize a few years ago so I can imagine you there :) I'll be watching for updates. Praying for you as you follow God's leading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting the emotions that can come up for people and situations you don't have personal connection with. I am sad to hear you are leaving Russia because it was so interesting to hear about your work and the peopole there. However, I vacationed once in Beliz and absolutely fell in love with the area and the people. So I look forward to all your new adventures.
    It is fun living an adventurous life through other people.
    I pray that God continues to bless your work.
    What about the kids?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for you and the fam. in your next post. Remember to leave the winter coats behind. ;)

    Belize!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We truly appreciate the prayers!!

    As for our kids, our oldest is in New Mexico and our youngest will be moving to Hawaii. So it will be just the hubby and me moving on to the field.

    I am amazed that others have been there... I had to look it up on the map!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one amazing woman! I hope I get the chance to meet you some day...if not here, then I KNOW on the other side. :)

    ReplyDelete