Thursday, May 13, 2010

back in Krasnodar!

We are so happy to be back in our own apartment with our own stuff.  Home is where your stuff is and we definitely feel at home here.

On the one hand things seemed different here but on the other hand so much was the same.  Getting through passport control took two hours this time.  They seemed to be rationing out the immigration forms and would only bring out a few at a time.  A few of the passport control workers decided it was their break time and left their stations while many of us were still waiting for forms. 

Life here in this part of the world is never dull and we wouldn't want it to be!!

5 comments:

  1. hahah! sounds like Peru...

    yes, everything takes longer here. and it doesn't have to make sense. ;)

    sound familiar?

    I read your family site. Very interesting ministry! challenging I'm sure. How long were you back in the US for?

    thanks for commenting on my blog. I do hope you'll be back again :)

    amy in peru

    ReplyDelete
  2. can I just say... Istanbul? hahahahah. I'm still getting my bearings from around your sites :)

    amy in peru

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy,
    We didn't go back to the US this time. We waited in Istanbul for our visas back to Russia. It was a long two months and we are so glad to be home in Russia!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're home. And I heard you're coming back and will be at a staff meeting here in Dallas this summer? I'm not sure what the dates are and if I'll be here or in China, but it'd be so fun to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kacie, We will be in Dallas in July... this visa runs out on July 1st. We have a lot to do in such a short time!

    ReplyDelete