Friday, December 09, 2011

Where's the line?

I was reading blogs last week and came across this song over at Mandy's blog.  The message and the words really hit home for me and I immediately posted the video link on Facebook then I went in search of the words.  And of course I had to learn more about the people who wrote the song and the singer Becky Kelley.  Her father got the inspiration from his 4 year grandson's question at the mall and with help from a co-writer this is what they came up with:

Christmas time was approaching
Snow was starting to fall
Shoppers choosing their presents
People filling the mall

Children waiting for Santa
With excitement and glee
A little boy tugged my sweater
Looked up and asked me

Where's the line to see Jesus?
Is He here at the store?
If Christmas time is His birthday
Why don't we see Him more?

As I stood in amazement
At this message profound
I looked down to thank him
He was no where around

The little boy at the mall
Might as well have had wings
As the tears filled my eyes
Thought I heard him sing

Where's the line to see Jesus?
Is He here at the store?
If Christmas time is His birthday
Why don't we see Him more?

Where's the line to see Jesus?
He was born for me
Santa Claus brought me presents
But Christ gave His life for me

In the blink of an eye
At the sound of His trump
We'll all stand in line at His throne
Every knee shall bow down
Every tongue will confess
That Jesus Christ is Lord

(Repeat Chorus)

Where's the line?
Where's the line?
Where's the line for the Lord?

And here is the video of Becky singing:


Enjoy!


8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing that. It was such a wonderful reminder of what we're celebrating at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a wonderful reminder of the reason for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't ever heard this song but it captures the true essence of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing! Yes, where is the line to see Jesus? There are lines all over and traffic jams but where is the line to see our Savior? Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Appreciate the reminder. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovley! Thanks so much for stopping by my site, I'm glad I stopped by and found this too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love anything that reminds of the true meaning behind the holidays! Thanks for the find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had never heard this before!...love the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete