Friday, December 13, 2013

holding hands in Paris....



Today we celebrate 32 years of marriage.  Thirty two years of joys and heartaches.  Thirty two years of memories. I am so grateful for the life we've shared...the good and the bad...the 'for better' and the 'for worse'. I wrote this poem one night after looking at photos from our travels this summer. It was such an incredible blessing to be able to celebrate our 50th birthdays holding hands and walking the streets of Paris.   

Holding Hands In Paris
I thought this day would never come
from house to home we've wandered far
Two hearts aglow with flame
Two hearts aglow with flame

You've always been there holding my love
safe in the palm of your hands.
Now side by side and heart to heart
We're holding hands in Paris.

I thought this day would never come
through stillborn love in the Kansas heat
Two hearts impaled with grief
Two hearts impaled with grief

You've always been there holding my love
safe in the palm of your hands.
Now side by side and heart to heart
We're holding hands in Paris.

I thought this day would never come
now here we stand now here we stay
Two hearts enthralled with joy
Two hearts enthralled with joy

You've always been there holding my love
safe in the palm of your hands.
Now side by side and heart to heart
We're holding hands in Paris.



2 comments: