A friend of mine posted a photo on Facebook of this holiday treat. It's a simple recipe in theory. All you do is melt the chocolate and sprinkle crushed peppermints on top. I know, I didn't pulverize all the candy. I left some of it in chunks...I liked it that way!!
I had some white chocolate here at home I decided to give it go. But, then I read about how difficult it is to melt white chocolate. Since we don't own a microwave my first attempt at melting white chocolate had to be done using the double boiler method. It seized up on me because some water got into the chocolate. Thankfully, Google helped me figure out what to do... so I followed the advice to add small amounts of butter until it was back to the right consistency.
I only made a small batch for my test run but it was too rich for Tom and I to finish it off in one sitting. So it had to be stored in the fridge because the chocolate gets very soft if left at room temperature here in Belize. I will be trying this again.. it was very tasty!!