Wednesday, December 18, 2013

the heavens can't contain Him...


The heavens can't contain Him
Yet Mary held Him in her arms
Pondering the mystery in her heart.
He chose to come earth
In weakness and in strength
A living Sacrifice for you and me.

As I think about Mary and Joseph being able to hold Jesus in their arms, I am amazed.  Amazed that God allowed His son to come to earth to be our Savior.  Amazed that though the heavens couldn't contain Him, He was able to walk this earth.  He chose to be a Living Sacrifice for you and for me.  As the day of celebrating His birth draws near, I am in awe of Him and of who He really is and of what He has done for us.

The heavens couldn't hold Him
Yet, He lives within our hearts
Covering the whole earth with His love.
Without His hope as anchor 
I'd be lost on stormy seas.
His precious gift of life would not be mine.



3 comments:

  1. A precious gift indeed. We would all be lost without His love and forgiveness. Thank you for coming by my place. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely beautiful Alida... May we all gaze with awe and wonder at God's true love for us, lying in a lowly manger.

    Have a Blessed Day my friend!

    ~Phil

    ReplyDelete