Friday, December 21, 2007

early spring cleaning

Friday, December 21, 2007

Our bookcases were a mess. We had books double stacked and laying sideways on top of books standing up... I decided that before I could decorate for Christmas, I had to do something with that bookcase! This was no small task. The bookcase is floor to ceiling and goes the full length of the wall.

I organized the books by subject matter and as I cleared a shelf I dusted it off. Tom and Spencer also helped with deciding what to keep and what to give away.

We ended up with six bags of books to give to the International School for their library. It was a relief to get it all done and we have decided that we should do this as a yearly project!

4 comments:

  1. You can't give away BOOKS! What's wrong with you?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think every homeschooling family I know has more books than they know what to do with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathan,

    we all have to learn to let go of things! I saved all of the ones we read together that you didn't take with you!


    Karolee, we even had a sale before we moved to Russia but we still came here with over 100 boxes and most of them were filled with books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE my books! I agree with karolee...I probably have...ok, I DO have more than I know what to do with. I wish you would have taken before and after pictures though. That would have been fun to see. :)

    ReplyDelete