Tuesday, January 29, 2008

internet woes...

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Yesterday our high speed internet account was depleted and none of us has been able to make it over to the UTK building to make a payment so that our internet access could be restored. Just for today I am using an internet card that I purchased at the supermarket so that I could do this post and check email!

Today we officially kicked off Women's Ministry at KBC (aka Open Door Church). We have a team of women who are willing to lead and we start with our first Bible Study, Jesus Cares for Women next Tuesday. This study is just a 5 week commitment and is a great place to start.

I was asked by a woman at church today if I would walk through the 12 steps of Al-Anon with her. If her husband is willing to watch her kids we will start meeting on Wednesdays.

Tom is doing well... he and I attended an AA meeting to help plan an AA Forum, which will be held in November here in Krasnodar. The AA group would like to include Al-Anon and Al-ATeens as well. We are excited to be a part of the planning.

Spencer has been meeting with his language helper and is back to the books doing his home school work as well.

It is minus 2 today, no snow and we are very grateful for that!!

3 comments:

  1. i was wondering where you were today! what did missionaries do before internet access?

    ReplyDelete
  2. they wrote long letters and had to wait weeks for the respnses!! I get antsy when I wait a day or two for an answer to one of my emails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby used one of those Internet cards when he was in Amsterdam and said they were expensive! I guess hotels there don't provide free hook up like they do over here.

    ReplyDelete