Thursday, January 31, 2008

language helper

Thursday, January 31, 2008

I started working with Lena R. this week as my new language helper. She is Valodia's wife and Sasha's mother. Sasha is in Germany for a few months so her mom asked if she could help me out. Lena knows Russian grammar very well and is an excellent helper for me.

Tonight we worked on my current lesson from language school and after that I read aloud for her the first lesson in the Women's Bible study that we will start next week. Lena helped me with putting the stress marks above the words so I would know how to correctly pronounce them if called upon to read aloud. I am praying this doesn't happen but if it does I want to be ready!

We also decided that I should write out my answers to the study questions in Russian and then on Mondays she will look over them for grammar mistakes so that I can make corrections before the group meets on Tuesdays. That way I can feel free to share my answers and take part in the group discussion.

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to you for working so hard to learn another language! I struggle trying to learn Spanish with the kids - but then I'm not surrounded by people who speak the language.

    ReplyDelete