Tuesday, June 24, 2008

for reals...

I know that I said I was done last week after we gave our talks in class. But, I had one last thing to do today and that was my assessment. It was a long and grueling test, followed by an interview with the director of the school. I survived... and I am so glad that is over!

Arina told me that the two year course that my class just completed is like a Christmas tree and the Advanced Course would be the ornaments to decorate it! So in August I will start putting the trimmings my language tree!

3 comments:

  1. wow, that is so exciting to have one chunk of school behind you though, isn't it? =) I'm proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was remembering you and praying for you! I'm confident you did FABULOUSLY!!!!
    Missing you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had a few interviews with directors of a language school I have studied at (in Granada, Spain), and they always made me nervous. I was always afraid of what they would ask next. But alas, by the end of my semester I had a final interview and I knew I just had to be myself and not try to impress whomever was interviewing me. In fact, I remember thinking at the end of that final interview that it seemed so natural the way I had been speaking, and I walked away much more confidence with my Spanish than before. Now I'm working on doing the same for my Portuguese. Good luck putting the "ornaments on your language tree."

    ReplyDelete