Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tasty Tuesday


The other day there were some kids outside playing soccer in the street when the tamale guy came by.  Tom went out to purchase some tamales and the kids started imitating the tamale guy's cry of 'hot tamales!'  Kids will be kids no matter where you live.

The tamales come wrapped in a banana leaf.  To quote Tom "they tasted like crap" and his had a chicken bone inside.  I am not much of a tamale fan so after one bite I decided I'd had enough.  They cost 1 USD but were not even worth that much.  What a bummer that my Tasty Tuesday entry was not very tasty.




8 comments:

  1. we love to eat tamales around here, and we've had some that tasted better than others. maybe you will get another chance to try them and they'll be good. Hope you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW does one screw up a tamale? That's like doing PB&J wrong...like putting PB&J in a hollowed out pickle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL..Alida, you must have missed my post on our experience of eating hot tamales in Belize...we took a bit and gave ours away to some starving back packers at our Inn. They were full of chicken bones and we did not like the taste either...Tom described them well. "Taste Like Crap".

    debra
    www.takingbelize.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tamales, and I was thinking, "Better than the ice cream man!"

    But no -- they sucked. Bummer.

    Still...look forward to the next tasty Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look delish! Not at all like the ones my husband and I just made!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually love tamales, but what you're describing sounds less than appetizing. LOL

    Either way, Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that stinks! I hate when that happens! We just had some empanadas the other day. We got them from Whole Foods, but nothing beats those street vendors. We don't have that where I live now, but I sure do miss the calling out of all the tasties - from kebabs to shaved ice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! Such a bummer. I love a tamale done well.

    ReplyDelete