Friday, January 22, 2010

Slip sliding away...

The last few days we have had a layer of ice on the ground. The practice here is to cover the ice with sand. However, there always seem to be patches of ice that don't get covered with the sand and that makes walking at a normal pace hazardous.

Yesterday Tom had a fall and so did Spencer. Tom is a little sore from his fall but doing okay. I was concerned that if I fell it would be a disaster due to the pain I am already in from my fibromyalgia. So I decided to buy some salt and sprinkle it on the ground in front of me as I walked. I was nervous at first that if one of the babushkas saw me wasting salt that I would get yelled at. I am happy to report that I successfully protected my path with salt and made it home from my English class without incident!

No comments:

Post a Comment