Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Teacher's Demonstration


Caught a glimpse of the 1000's of teachers who are demonstrating just as they were beginning their march.  I pray it stays peaceful.  The police were out in full force controlling the traffic and surrounding the marchers.  

The US Embassy here in Belize sent out a warning to all US citizens to stay away from the area.  Not that any Americans would be targeted...they were just cautioning everyone that any demonstration has the potential to turn violent so "be cautious".  But, I had to take some paperwork into the office and as I was coming back home the march was just beginning.

I could hear the teachers singing as they marched...it looked very orderly and peaceful to me.  Please pray for the demonstrators and for the police that everyone will remain calm and behave in a professional manner. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, but I don't understand..what are they marching for/against?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They want an increase in salary.

      Delete