Thursday, July 18, 2013

a ride to the market...




My first ride with Meesha on her bike...


these flowers smelled incredible...


these are thin bracelets called bangles...you can buy 12 of them for 34 cents!


They had some larger ones too...


Meesha wanted me to try some of the sweets.  So we stopped for a taste.

The salesmen in the blue t-shirt kept offering me free samples of various ones he thought I might like.  He would tell me what each one was and explain how it would taste.  So of course after all of his kindness I walked away with a box of candies made from cashews! 

I took home items for the apartment, some veggies, and a box of candy.  I didn't want to over do it since we were on the bike and not in a car or a rickshaw. So far my experience here with shopkeepers has been positive.  Everyone seems so helpful and very service oriented which we haven't always seen in other countries.  


No comments:

Post a Comment