Sunday, July 14, 2013

the crack of a whip...


THU-WHACK!!  I cannot fully replicate the dreadful sound brought about by this young Hindu man cracking that whip across his flesh.  Each time a passerby gave him money he hit himself for that person's sin.  With each formidable blow my startle reflex kicked in and my body flinched.  

When I saw the amount of money he had in his pockets it caused me to think about the price paid for my sins.  My Redeemer endured a beating, being mocked, hanging on the cross, and ultimately death for my sin. 

And though it cost Him a great deal...my salvation was free.
He paid the price.
  He took the pain.  

My heart was impacted by the thought of how many are still looking in the wrong places for redemption. Pray with me for those who need to know the One True Savior.  And give Him thanks for all that He has already done for you...and all that He continues to do in your life. 

4 comments:

  1. How sad...lifting up a prayer for this man and for India.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you praying. It was so unnerving...I can still hear the sound of that whip.

      Delete
  2. Good post. I will pray for you all while on your travels and the people that cross your path and need the love of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayers for us and for those in need of Him!!

      Delete