Wednesday, October 02, 2013

reaping and sowing...


At Bible study today our leader, Verna, gave us this passage as the key verse.  As the discussion ensued many different topics came up, some heated, some thought provoking, but as we closed our time together Verna gently brought us back to the point.  "Each day is planting season.  Each day we plant something spiritually."  She gave us a few questions to ask ourselves and the ones that I am taking to heart tonight are:

What seeds did I plant today?
and
What weeds did I pull today?

The choices I make, the way I choose to live, are seeds that will either bring about blessings or negative consequences.  The principle of sowing and reaping shows up in the dailiness of life.  We might sow seemingly innocent thoughts and later find that we've reaped ingrained habits that prove hard to break.

May I always remember that everyday is planting season
 and may I be mindful of what kind of seed I am sowing.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful message!
    I am actually thinking about this...
    Clenia Gigi

    ReplyDelete