Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Rootbeer Floats!














Thanks to a garage sale held by an American family who is going back to the states for a while, we were able to discover the joy of rootbeer concentrate!

Our friends Katya and Alexei came over for dinner on Friday and we introduced them to one of my favorite American treats... Rootbeer floats!

You can find the recipe I used by clicking here

Charles gave us this tip: Use the extra strong carbonated water to make your rootbeer.

I know, I know, I know, this is no big deal to those of you who live in a place where you can buy anything and everything at anytime of the day or night. But for those of us living in places that don't have that kind of freedom this is a major deal!

Can you guess wht is going on my Christmas wish list this year?!!


Edited to add:
I just recieved a link from my friend Michele and wanted to include it here on the post for everybody to have:

http://www.alpharubicon.com/kids/makesoda.html

If anyone ever finds Dr. Pepper flavored concentrate we would love that for Christmas too!!!

3 comments:

  1. maybe this would work for you as well, alida:

    http://www.alpharubicon.com/kids/makesoda.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever had root beer cake? It's amazing!
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/gale-gand/old-fashioned-root-beer-float-cake-recipe/index.html
    Found this recipe that uses the flavoring instead of the actual drink.
    YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We brought some concentrate back from the states with us, and I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete