Monday, July 09, 2012

the gift of time off and travel memories...

We spent a month in the USA.  It was an incredible time of reconnecting with family and friends, meeting new people, and speaking about our work with the Child Development Foundation.  I really didn't anticipate just how busy we would be in the States.  It was so overwhelming that I had to let something go because I just could not juggle all of the balls I had going.  I had to let go of updating this blog.  That was a first for me.  I cannot even think of another time in my seven years of blogging when I have been gone that long.  I missed being here!

It will take more than one post to update everything that happened over the past few weeks so I will start by adding a few things to my gratitude list...

872.  time with family
873.  meeting new people
874.  reconnecting with childhood friends, Leisa and Stephne.
875.  Pastor Early anointing us and praying over us at Pawnee Avenue Church of God...the church that we were married in and attended in the early years.

876.  new shoes for both of us


877.  checking off items on our supply lists.


878.  Sharing in churches in Andover, Wichita, and Topeka



879.   speaking at a kids' camp in Scott City
880.  meeting up with Vicki and Alyson at the camp
881.  the kids did a service project and donated 74 gift bags to kids in Belize
882.  teaching the kids a song a Kriol.
883.  hearing them sing!


884.  being in the USA for the 4th of July!!

885.  speaking at a few women's Bible study groups about our work in Belize
886.  speaking to several small groups
887.  sharing the pulpit with Tom in three of the churches we visited.
888.  feeling the love and support of our family and friends
889.  enjoying time with Steve and Sharon from Hope
890.  time with Marilyn's small group laughing about gophers
891.  dinner and ice cream with the Gale family.
892.  time with Shirl and Jerry in Topeka
893.  seeing one of my stories published in a church newsletter.
894.  coming back to Belize and feeling at home.
895.  a friend finding out that all of the lymph nodes they tested were cancer free.
896.  worshiping on Sunday in our home church here in Belize.
897.  hugs from members of our church family
898.  a little girl who latched onto me and sat with her head on my chest until children's church began.
899.  Dan's message being exactly what we needed to hear.
900.  Time with Spencer and Meesha...truly priceless.


I know that I will be adding to this list...there were so many priceless moments and treasures to store up in our hearts and ponder.  Our time in the US was truly a priceless gift.
 joining in with the gratitude community:

6 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to not understanding in advance just how busy you'll be on furlough! I couldn't blog during mine either, but it's great that you're back and your list and photos area lovely. (Love your new banner!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see the pictures from your travel Alida. I'm sure you guys had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a blessed trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fantastic trip!! Cant for for an wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love coming home when I lived overseas. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete