Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tasty Tuesday...gluten free pancakes

Pancakes are one of the things I am really really good at making.  I have used the same recipe for so long that I have it memorized.   So last night we had breakfast for dinner.  Do you ever do that?  It's one of our favorite meals!

I wanted pancakes so I decided to give my recipe a try with my gluten free all-purpose flour mix and it worked!

I have some tweaking to do to get the exact measurements on the liquid because I just kept adding until I had the consistency that I wanted.  But here is the basic recipe:

Gluten Free Pancakes
1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla
1  1/4- 1 1/2 cups low fat milk (or water), keep adding until you reach desired consistency depending on how thick you like your pancakes.

Mix dry ingredients together.  Mix wet ingredients together.  Add wet mixture all at once to dry ingredients.  Stir until moistened.  Batter may have some lumps in it.  Makes 6 medium sized pancakes.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. this sounds close to the recipe we use but yours is more simple. will need to try ;) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have yet to try gluten free pancakes...but it sounds just as yummy as regular pancakes!

    ReplyDelete