Saturday, March 29, 2008

How People Grow Week 3

Today was the last teaching for the month of March… and the topic for today was Understanding the Grace of God.







Here are a few of the points that stood out for me:
Grace and mercy are not the same
Grace is an experience and not a commodity
Grace is a verb
Grace is an ongoing process
Grace is only experienced in relationship
Grace is a supernatural gift from God to us

At some point during the seminar the little ones playing in the childcare room had an accident. Somehow through the game they were playing the curtain rod fell. They tried to put it back up and it fell down again. Lena the childcare worker apologized to Tom over and over and was very distraught over it. He finally told her what today’s topic was and reassured her that it was okay and that he would fix it. What a practical example Tom was of God’s grace. We tried to do this with our children as they were growing up… if something was dropped or fell our first question was “are you alright?” and not “what did you break?” People have always been more important to us than our things.

As I type this Tom and Spencer are over at the church repairing the curtain rod!

2 comments:

  1. How nice to read about your examples of grace. Next time my kids drop something, I'll try to use your question!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Leave it to God to give you an example to go with your lesson!

    Just want to let you know that I've deleted my blog. Long story... but my identity has been compromised. You can send me an e-mail if you want the long story.

    ReplyDelete