Monday, January 19, 2009

Dinner with Joe and friends

Jim asked me if I would put together a pizza dinner for Joe's visit since his wife Joyce had already left for America. It was actually easy... Jim gave me a list of people to invite. I ordered the pizza, purchased salads and drinks.

I planned the meal for about 14, that number included two children so I thought we would be safe with 5 large pizzas. But, we had 22 show up so we ran out of food! It is not that I don't know how to count... but when people attend all day meetings and they see a table laid out with food they follow the crowd and come in to eat!!

We prayed for the food, sang Happy Birthday to Joe and dove into the pizza! When someone asked Joe how it felt to be so old (he just turned 70) someone else yelled out "it is better than the alternative!"

No comments:

Post a Comment