Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Tasty Tuesday



One of my favorite things to do is visit local businesses.  Kropf's Bakery is located on Hummingbird Highway and as we passed by on a Sunday afternoon I saw their sign from the road.  I got out to get a photo but we couldn't enjoy any of their goodies because they were closed.

The tasty treat that I enjoy most from them is the banana bread, it is moist and flavorful.  They also have cookies and cinnamon rolls. I tried to find a website or any type of online info about them and I came up empty handed.  Other than a few reviews from tourists passing through they don't have much of an online presence.  However, I have found their products in Brodies Supermarkets and also at the Art Box.  At the Art Box you can sit and enjoy some cookies with coffee or a hot cup of tea, which is my preference, while sitting in the open air cafe.



10 comments:

  1. Do you know how much I'd love to be in Belize eating banana bread from Kropf's? Someday, I'll explore the world again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good food for the body and the soul, eh?

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yum! Alida, I have been peeking around your place and may I just say that I so deeply admire the work you are doing and the sweet open way you are sharing your world. What a lovely space. Thank you for stopping by my Playdates post today. I have been blessed by my visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hummingbird highway? that is soo adorable! I want to live there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool is that... I'd love it if we had a bakery here where I live that so boldly posted scripture on their sign!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pastry! Relaxing with pastry and a cup of tea or coffee and my hubby or a good friend is a wonderful way to pass the time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my site... I am blessed that you and your husband are missionaries.. My 2 children's family are also missionaries in 2 different countries in Asia. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooohhh... I love banana bread. Your Tuesday posts always make me hungry Alida! :-)

    Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful post...love your presentation..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this sign. My bible study group are currently reading the gospel of John. Today, we ended singing "I am the Bread of Life"

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today via UBP.

    ReplyDelete