Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

We had barbecue the other day and I wanted to make cole slaw to go with it but we were out of cabbage so I decided to try using apples instead...turned out great!

I didn't really have a recipe but here is what I put together:

Alida's Last Minute Apple Slaw
1 large Golden Delicious apple, cut into matchsticks
1 carrot, shredded
4-5 broccoli florets, diced
1 tsp Tarragon vinegar
mayonnaise to taste

It was simple to make, yummy to eat, and yielded just enough for the two of us...works for me!




11 comments:

  1. Love the idea of getting creative and using what you have on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very tasty- we shall have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks and sounds yummy. I have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

    A Ladybug's Life

    Sonnia

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really good and refreshing, I don't think I've ever had apple in a coleslaw before xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. yumm! and i love the name of the recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, living abroad has forced me to learn to make do... and sometimes the payoff is a tasty new dish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm great idea for coleslaw, i have never liked any of the coleslaw i have tried so far...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am pretty sure that I would like this even more than the cole slaw with cabbage. It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband liked it with the apples better than with cabbage...I will be making it again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that looks soooo good and I'm sure the vinegar gives it that tangy taste I love!!!

    ReplyDelete