Monday, June 11, 2012

the precious gift of family...

The older I get the more I appreciate the value of family.  Not just our little family of four but our extended family.  My brothers, Tom's sisters and brother.  Our parents and the legacy of long lasting marriages, faith, and steadfastness they handed down to us.  Family that prays prays for you and sticks by your side.  Family that goes through stuff and comes out stronger than before.  Family that answers calls in the night when you need help.  Family that listens and comforts when needed.  Family that laughs and rejoices together.

Family...truly one of life's greatest treasures!  

831.  unexpected time with Steve, Angie, Jalen, Malik, Kalil and Kaysha!
832.  celebrating Tom's parents 50th anniversary!
833.  going to see The Avengers with Nathan and Spencer.
834.  hugging Nathan for the first time in over a year.
835.  reading over family history with Norm and Phyllis (aka Mom and Dad).
836.  family dinner time and all the laughter that goes with it.

837. family photos from Chris to replace some of those lost in our move from Russia to Belize


838.  seeing Les Mis together!


839.  Spencer finding treasure in the boxes stored here in New Mexico.


840.  a cookie jar of my own filled with gluten free cookies baked by Mom!


841.  rediscovering treasures stored away seven years ago before moving to Russia.


842.  reminiscing about Christmases long ago...
 

843.  cherishing the memories of sons as children.
844.  grateful to have strong relationships with them both now that they are grown men.
845.  pondering the blessings that flow from Mom and Dad and the family that they created 50 years ago.
846.  reading Dad's memoir.
847.  looking at old photos.
848.  treasuring all of these memories, new and old, deep within my heart!  




 joining in with the gratitude community:

12 comments:

  1. There is no better feeling than knowing that you belong-that you are not an outsider. A box that I treasure is full of my grandparents' Bibles, and my parents' Bibles, and also the Bibles we found at my husband's grandparents' house after they died. It is such a good feeling to know that we are the latest link in a line of faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an exciting treasure to find...old Bibles...I love that! And what a blessing to know you are the latest link in that precious line of faith!

      Delete
  2. NIce sharing of your happy family life. It is an inspiration to be thnakful all the time:) GOd Bless:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...it is not always happy but there is always something to give thanks for!!

      Delete
  3. I love family too! I'm so glad I chose to stop by today. Last week, we spent time in the mountains with my MIL. She left yesterday, and today I am missing her so much. I'm so thankful for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! And I know that we will be missing family too after spending this next month here in the US. When we are on the mission field in Belize we miss out on so much with family. I think that is why I cherish it so much when we are here!

      Delete
  4. bLESSINGS
    wow.....that is a lot. Family tells a story about our life and shedd some light about who we are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right...family does tell a story that sheds some light on who we are...I love how you phrased that!

      Delete
  5. this is a total warm and fuzzy post. so many wornderful things to be grateful for. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cam, There is always something to be thankful for...and I do my best to look for it each week!

      Delete
  6. I love family gatherings...glad you had a good time
    With family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We love them too and are looking forward to our time in Kansas next!!

      Delete