Wednesday, June 13, 2012

thought for today...mouths of laughter and tongues of joy

 
So much of being joyful is about perspective.  

A while back the guys went for a walk, locked all the doors, and didn't take a house key.  They tried to call me using the neighbor's phone, but, I was at lunch with a friend and ignored the call because it was from a number I didn't recognise.  When I got home, also without a house key, the three of us started laughing.  We laughed as we worked on ways to get into the house.  We laughed when Tom went out to buy a new lock.  We laughed as we retold the story to others.

It would be easy to get angry about cancelled flights, power outages, getting locked out of the house, or finding a gecko in your bed...but anger has no power to change a situation. Somehow, at least for us, laughter does have power.  It changes our attitudes.  It changes our outlook. And it changes how we speak about the events of our daily lives.

May we all learn to laugh and rejoice and allow God to change us through the power of joy!

linking up with:

12 comments:

  1. Hi Alida - I so agree with you. When I can't see the funny side I know I have a problem. Great reminder
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think when you can learn to t
    hank God for His character regardless of the circumstances, you can enjoy life more and not stress out over things as much !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! This is very special. I like your blog today. Long ago my son locked me outside when I put something in the garbage. He slootde door with a snap shut and continued playing with his Lego. I knocked on the window but he ignored me. (He was one year). Finally, the neighbor climbed through the roof window and pulled the door open from inside. Afterwards we laughed.

    What Tracy said is true: When I can't see the funny side I have a problem.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen... humor is highly underrated. Laughter is healing :) Have a fun-filled, God-filled day :)

    http://theemptynestexpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, totally agree. I love this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Alida, this is so true! Just love that photo of the two of you and the Scripture you've included.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *love* this post and the words you chose to go with it! That picture is too cute...I'm smilin' right along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great pix, encouraging Scripture and uplifting story. As I sometimes tell my grandkids, better to laugh than cry! :) Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so sweet. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I envy their relationship. Love is the center in their lives.

    alarm systems

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perspective is soo important in many aspects of our life...this was a great example!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this picture of you guys...so much love and happiness.

    ReplyDelete