Wednesday, April 24, 2013

a reflection in a coconut shell...

 What I saw when I looked at the coconut shell...



What the camera showed me...


Stepping outside after a much needed rainfall a few weeks ago I notice pools of water in various objects, droplets of rain on flowers, and birds singing to each other in celebration. The rain cooled the air and brought peace in the midst of a muggy day. 

As I look at the second photo leaves from the plum tree stare back at me.  I think of seeing things dimly, the importance of focusing, and the need to pay attention to the little details.  On first glance I didn't see any leaves.  Without my camera I never would have noticed them.

This passage comes to mind as I contemplate the photo: 

For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.  1 Corinthians 13:12

How I long for the day when we shall see Him face to face.  How I yearn for the hour when I shall know fully. 

I am grateful for moments when His reflection is revealed,
and grateful for glimpses of the divine in small things,
like water-filled coconut shells after the rain. 

2 comments:

  1. Loved this Alida! I too, am grateful when I see His reflection in the world around me... Such an endearing reminder of His presence in my life!

    Thank you!

    Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete