Saturday, October 14, 2006

aren't you supposed to sit on the baby?

Tom woke up and saw that Yana was here. She is six weeks old. Her mom wanted to go out and run some errands and I had told her that I was available if I was not in school.

I thought she would use me during the week and that this morning I would be sleeping in! Yanna got here at ten and stayed until 2. She is a sweet little girl. She is a lot like Spencer in that she wants to be touched all the time. If you lose contact with her she cries. So either Tom or I held her the whole four hours she was here. When her mom came to pick her up she was waiting to hear our complaints...

we didn't have any. She is only six weeks old. It is normal for her to want to be held. Maybe since Tom and I have done this before we don't see baby quirks as over demanding and frustrating. If she were 8 or 9 years old and needed constant holding that would be a different story!

2 comments:

  1. Now that's the wisdom of an experienced parent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah...I agree. You and Tom have it together, totally. SO FEW people remember or care to remember the truth about newborns...which 6 weeks old still is. Let's home the mamma does, too. Great post.

    ReplyDelete