Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

I recently became a fan of Goss Chocolate.  Their white chocolate bars are my favorite.  Goss Chocolate bars are made with local organically grown cacao and local sugar here in Belize.   The Mayan civilization may not be thriving here in Belize any longer but their influence lives on through the numerous cacao trees.

You can read more about Goss Chocolate here: http://www.gosschocolate.com/about.html

And for all of you chocolate lovers contemplating a trip to Belize you may want to check out the Toledo Cacao Festival in May or take a Chocolate Tour with Cotton Tree Lodge another local maker of chocolate.

I haven't tasted chocolate from all of the local companies here in Belize but that doesn't mean that I don't want to... I just haven't found them all yet!  Goss is sold at Brodies Supermarket here in Belmopan and is less expensive than the European imports but the taste is superior to the imported bars we have tried.




6 comments:

  1. Thanks for making me salivate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dark Chocolate is my absolute fave. I feel complete when I have it.haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. My biggest weakness!!! BTW is there some way I can subscribe to your post through a feed like Feed Burner so your posts are automatically emailed to my gmail account?
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been a chocoholic for many years... Sounds wonderful!

    Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yummm! And dark chocolate has actually been found to be healthy for those of us in the baby boomer generation! YAY :) Thanks for an interesting article.

    ReplyDelete