Thursday, July 28, 2011

Good news from afar!

We finally heard from Spencer today!  He is doing much better this week.  For those of you who don't know, Spencer is our youngest son, he is 21 and is with YWAM Kona on a mission trip in Togo.  He got sick shortly after arriving and had to be treated for malaria.  They have a very slow internet connection there in Togo and to get online they have to go to an internet cafe.  One of the team members said that it took her 45 minutes to log on to Facebook because the connection was so weak.  And they only get the opportunity to be online once a week.

It was such a relief to go on Facebook this morning and see a message from Spencer.  He is still having problems sleeping so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.  He is also struggling to raise funds.  If you would like to help him with his expenses in Togo please send me an email or let me know in the comments and I will give you his donation info.

joy & blessings,
Alida


6 comments:

  1. that is great to hear! sending prayers for him that he keeps safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish him the safest of travels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is he perchance with Don and Angie Amstutz. They are friends with YWAM in Kona. They just moved back to the states, but are there for the summer.

    It is hard to not be with our kids when they are sick. I am praying for both of you.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rejoicing with you. God's hand is surely upon Spencer, now and always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad he's doing better. I'm certain it was a huge relief for you and I shall keep him in my thoughts and prayers xx

    ReplyDelete