Smoked Turkey is very tasty, right? The other day we were out shopping and saw this in the deli section. I had to grab this photo with Tom's cell phone because I was experiencing sticker shock!
Can you imagine paying $70.15 USD for 9 pounds of turkey?
We couldn't either...so it is still sitting there at the store!


Yes, I can! Because that's how much an imported turkey costs in China. Around Thanksgiving we either split to cost among three or four families..or we have chicken!
ReplyDeleteYikes!
ReplyDeleteOh my . . . is this because it came from the States.
ReplyDeleteFondly,
Glenda
This has to be an error!!!!!!!!!!!!I buy this every week for my husband's lunch & here its like 5.99lb 4.99 when I catch it on sale. I love it more than the other brands but if it was that price he'd have to eat bologna!LOL
ReplyDeleteGlenda-If it's imported here it's expensive! There are many products from the US that we don't buy because they are just too expensive.
ReplyDeleteWalking to China- we had chicken for Thanksgiving!!
wow, that is crazy expensive! :)
ReplyDeleteWow! Well...maybe someone will buy it xx
ReplyDeleteGeez--that is excessive! I wonder who will actually end up buying that...
ReplyDeleteWOW..that puts life in a new perspective!
ReplyDeleteThat's crazy!! But better than the 140 I thought it was listed as. Wow - I will not take my poultry for granted. :) ~ Courtney
ReplyDeleteare you serious?! OMG!!!
ReplyDeleteWow... Now that's a pricey bird!
ReplyDeleteAmazing what things cost in other parts of the world... Great perspective!
Have a Blessed Day!
Oh my! When I was in Cuba, I paid $15 US for a jar of Pringles Potato Chips. Now I could blame it on the very strong rum they have, but honestly... I just really wanted them at 2 am. LOL
ReplyDeleteI was expecting some nifty conversion that was MUCH less than half...WOW! That would be SOME turkey! Eat it when you're visiting the States and now you can feel like it's a real delicacy!
ReplyDeleteYum! And ouch!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! Gives new meaning to sticker shock!! Crazy!
ReplyDelete