Monday, July 25, 2011

Hi, I'm Alida and I watch reality TV!

seriously.  It is my guilty pleasure.  And there seem to be more and more of these shows to choose from than ever before.  For me though, there are just a couple of shows that I hate to miss.

I am a big fan of Amazing Race. It is not on in America right now.  However, Amazing Race Australia is on and I love it!  This is the first season and it is incredibly exciting to watch.  They have gone to some amazing locations... last week they were in Israel and one of their tasks was to walk the Via Dolorosa while carrying an 80 kilo cross.  They had to find one of their clues at King Herod's winter palace and I truly appreciated how the father and son team took time to stand and take in the sights at the Wailing Wall before heading on to their next task.

I also enjoy Food Network Star.  This week I was such a geek that I was on Twitter following the hashtag #star and answering all of the questions and making comments during the show.  Tom is such a good sport to let me take over the tv and be on my computer at the same time.  The contestants had to do a new take on traditional dishes like lasagna, meatloaf, or shepherd's pie.  Two of the dishes stood out for me.  The first was Vince's take on lasagna that he called Lachonga.  He took lasagna and wrapped it in a tortilla, deep fried it, and then topped it with sauce.  Ew!  The judges were not real thrilled either.  What did look good to me and got great reviews from the judges was Jeff's take on pork chops and applesauce.  He made a pork chop sandwich with apple slaw.  Yummo!  All of the contestants got to do a 3 minute cooking demo on Rachel Ray's show.  It was fun to watch.


okay.  So I bared my soul regarding my guilty pleasures on TV...what are yours?!!  


20 comments:

  1. I don't watch Amazing Race, Survivor or any celebrity ones...but I do love ones on the Home and Garden network: house renovations, garden planning, house searches internationally...Love it! Sounds like I enjoy peeking into other people's homes!! And I do, but purely from a design and function perspective. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watch the Home and Garden network when I get a chance...those shows really are great for collecting ideas and getting inspiration!

    We love it when Amazing Race features some place we have been. Brings back so many memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yipee! It's nice to know I'm not the only reality junkie who can openly admit to it! I love the Amazing Race {went so far as to get an application for the show}and am a huge fan of HGTV {Secrets of a Stylist, and Design Star}.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, Alida my husband and I are all embroiled in Big Brother. It is a summer TV guilty pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, my hubby makes fun of me cause I like reality shows, but he watches American Pickers and Swamp People!!! Makes me laugh. I enjoy your blog. I'm your newest follower.
    Blessings,
    Erin
    www.mynuggetsoftruth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Amazing Race too but haven't seen it in years!

    Ahem... I like 16 and Pregnant, Teen Mom, Jersey Shore, and Real Housewives of NJ and NY. please don't judge, me lol.

    I also really really like Oprah:Behind the Scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Chandra, I love Design Star...didn't it just start up again? I will have to look online and see what I can find!

    @Heidi, I haven't seen Big Brother in years...there is a Russian one that we watched when we lived there. It was great for language learning :-)

    @Erin, I haven't heard of those shows your hubby watches...gotta look those up. Thanks for following!

    @Sinful Sundays, no judging here! I like Real Housewives of Atlanta :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband and I both love Survivor and The Amazing Race. In the summer we watch Design Star and America's Got Talent. The only reality shows that I really object to are the "relationship" ones like The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. I think it's kind of sad that such beautiful young people put themselves through that to try to find love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live on reality tv don't feel bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grams, I cannot stand The Bachelor or The Bachelorette...they are pointless to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mrs Pancakes- thanks! I am loving all these confessions :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We actually watch very little TV anymore, but when we do we enjoy the shows on Food Network, The History Channel and Discovery. I'm not sure if they're considered "reality shows", but combining entertainment and education is always a win!

    Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Phather Phil-Entertainment and education is always a win!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ekkk, I think I'm as bad as you are LOL. I'm a Food Network Junkie. Hee Hee.


    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a reality tv junkie too. Well, not a junkie but there are a few shows I love to watch. The trashier, the better. lol. I watch Jersey Shore and RuPaul's Drag Race. Never got into the cooking shows.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yes the reality of Reality Shows...I love the Food Network and just recently I have glued into LinkTV...I enjoy American Pickers...I love history and the items you find from it...and this show just brings it all to my living room while I sip on sweet tea and eat buttered popcorn....can't get any better than that !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, a kindred soul! Such secrets we all keep (smile) we are also big fans of Chopped. The creativity is so fun to watch! My teens also love survival shows like Man vs. Wild. The dramas are just so yucky- reality wins. Thanks for bringing us all together in our hidden pleasures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am off to look up Linktv...and I cannot believe I left Chopped off my list. I LOVE that show!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Alida,
    Thank you for your comment on my blog. I love your blog and will be following.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am totally a reality tv addict. Especially the trashy car crash reality tv. But I've really cut down on what I used to watch after Adam moaning constantly!

    Out of all the bad habits a person could have, reality tv aint that bad!

    http://shermsinthemiddle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete