Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Chicken Cordon Bleu Burger


I saw a Chicken Parmesan burger on Pinterest and was inspired to make a burger based on another dish that I love.  Besides that, I had the ingredients on hand and I didn't have to leave the house on our day of going nowhere to get anything.  I have not seen swiss cheese in any of the markets I shop at so I used mozzarella cheese instead.  It worked for us.

My recipe was simple:
1 lb ground chicken
1/2 cup or so of diced ham
1/3 cup of bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese (or swiss cheese if you prefer)

Mix all of the ingredients together and then shape into patties.  Lightly coat pan with olive oil or a cooking spray and cook on each side until golden in color.  Makes 6 medium sized patties.  Serve on toasted hamburger buns and garnish with your choice of toppings.  I used lettuce, tomato and honey mustard...yum!

Both of the guys liked these...they ate every single burger I made.


Linking up with For the Love of Blogs



8 comments:

  1. Wow! That sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can smell them sizzling in the pan! I've added these on my list of things to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious! I'm always on the look-out for new burger ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this look soooo good....and is probably so much better for me than the 3 mini chocolate bars and mini bag of chips I stole from kid's candy baskets tonight!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my that does look tasty. I would have never thought of a burger like that but it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum! looks and sounds amazing! you impress me with your cooking skills!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your version sounds so good

    ReplyDelete