Friday, September 21, 2012

Take Back the Land...

Here are a few memories from the Christian parade last night in here in Belmopan.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I didn't get a chance to check my camera battery before we left the house.  Many of my photos are blurry.  But, I chose to share a few shots anyway just so you could get an idea of what the parade was like.  

We stood outside for two hours watching the crowd slowly gather before the parade actually reached our location.  It was a treat to see so many familiar faces in the parade and in the crowd.  We were called out to, hugged, and given a few fist bumps as the parade went by!  

After the parade came another hour wait for the fireworks...we decided to pick up a late dinner and come on home.  I was able to see the fireworks from our back porch so I didn't have to miss anything! 

Today there will be more parades throughout the country...Belize is now 31 years old.  Mercy, it sure feels strange to be older than a country!

3 comments:

  1. How fantastic, the colours are so vibrant. And I love your blog heading. I dont think I've yet embraced all the events in this town but you've inspired me to. Glad you're still walking and had a great evening xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beauty! So festive! Celebrating, right there with you, in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an awesome celebration!

    ReplyDelete