Thursday, October 18, 2007

tastes of home

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Krasnodar has a Subway… not a subway as in transport, but a Subway as in submarine sandwiches!

Sasha and I went over there tonight for dinner. Spencer went over to Murat's house to play video games with Steve, Seth and Murat. Tom stayed home to enjoy the peace and quiet.

It took a 20 minute bus ride and a 15 minute walk to get there. Sasha asked me if it was worth it. I thought it was. We had a new grammar lesson today at school that left me feeling frustrated. So, I decided some comfort food was in order....it is comforting to know that there are places like Subway, Baskin Robbins and McDonald’s where we can get a “taste” of home.

6 comments:

  1. WHEN DID YOU GUYS GET A SUBWAY?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It opened up while we were in America! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I bet small reminders of home are WONDERFUL comforts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the menu the same or are there interesting changes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT'S NOT FAIR!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The menu was almost the same... there was no kids menu, no meatball sandwhich, the specialty breads are not there either. But, the basic subs including tuna were all available.

    I had a turkey sub and my friend Sasha had the chicken teriyaki. I will go back and do more research to make sure that I am remembering things correctly!

    ReplyDelete