Friday, December 24, 2010

Be blessed not stressed!




Posted by Picasa
The merry family gatherings -
The old, the very young;
The strangely lovely way they
Harmonize in carols sung.
For Christmas is tradition time -
Traditions that recall
The precious memories down the years,
The sameness of them all.
~Helen Lowrie Marshall

Everywhere we have lived we have watched children participate in Christmas skits, say their poems and sing their songs.  Traditions like these truly touch my heart.  I think back to when my oldest son was the baby Jesus in a Christmas musical back in Kansas 23 years ago.  I can also remember reciting a poem, playing the violin and singing in church as a child.  

For all who celebrate Christmas take some time to rejoice in and reflect on the reason for the season. Be blessed not stressed over all the traditions and getting it all just right... just have yourself a

Merry Christmas! 














12 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Alida. Best wishes for a blessed holiday season.

    God Bless You,
    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this.....so true and perfect because the holiday is not about all the stress and worry! muahhhh....wishing you a very merry christmas! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas. i love watching the little ones during the holidays, so much fun.

    Have a Merry Christmas and blessed New year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas!! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm loving your blog so I will follow back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and visiting the Follow Friday 40 and Over Blog Hop!

    I am now following you. Please follow me if you haven't already done so!!

    Be sure to come by on Sunday for the Meet Me On Monday Blog Hop!

    Have a great day and Merry Christmas!!
    Java

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the "be blessed, not stressed!" SO TRUE! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for following my blog :) Im now following back and Im adding your blog to my side bar. I love your blog :) and this post:) Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas week and a blessed New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm following you back, and look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post, so often we get stressed rather than blessed during the holidays. It is wonderful to take a moment to remember traditions. I hope you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww how sweet! I especially love the Christmas tree! I am your newewst follower, thank you for following me!

    ReplyDelete