Thursday, December 09, 2010

The Haven

Last night we had 16 adults and just as many children at The Haven.  Jonathan did a great job leading worship and Tom's teaching went well.  Just before Tom began teaching he had a verse up on powerpoint for the children to read.
You are the one who put me together inside my mother's body,
  and I praise you because of the wonderful way you created me.
   Everything you do is marvelous!
   Of this I have no doubt. Nothing about me is hidden from you!
   I was secretly woven together deep in the earth below,
but with your own eyes you saw my body being formed.
   Even before I was born, you had written in your book everything I would do.
Psalm 139:13-16
Contemporary English Version

All the ones who were old enough to read did so loud and clear.  When they finished Tom told them "God made you for a purpose" "He designed you!" You are special and unique!"  He followed up these statements with a few questions;  "Do you know that God did all this for you?"   "Do you know that God knows you better than you know yourself?"  The eyes of one little guy on the second row grew wide with unbelief and he said "Wow!" 

Each week Tom addresses the kids in some way; to give them encouragement for how vigorously they sing worship or just to tell them how much he enjoys seeing them.  And each week we have several teens as part of the adult group who stay in for Tom's teaching.  With 48% of the population of Belize being under the age of 18 making a connection with the young people here is vital. 

Our prayer is that the parents who are attending The Haven each week will continue to come out, to learn and grow healthier as individuals so that they will affect their families and loved ones in a positive way.  Please join us in prayer!

5 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower!! Hope you'll come visit :)

    xoxo
    http://loveiseverywhere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower from the Thirsty Thursday Blog Hop! What wonderful inspirations!
    Blessings,
    Kim
    http://lilliputcottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for stopping by... I am off to check out your blogs too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great message! The world needs people more like you to spread the word! Merry Christmas, and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that little boy that said WOW. Cool!

    Sounds like a great meeting.

    ReplyDelete