Thursday, December 30, 2010

Two of the three...

Yesterday I went with Tom to visit his doctor. During the consultation Doctor Ramos recommended drinking plenty of water, cranberry juice and coconut water.

I had seen coconut water in the stores here but we had not tasted it yet so this was the perfect time to give it a go. After doing a bit of research online I discovered that there are many benefits to drinking coconut water; it hydrates the body, is an antibacterial and is the purest liquid second only to water itself. Apparently it is chock full of electrolytes, calcium, potassium, magnesium; everything that is good for you.

As for taste, well it isn't bad.  I just had a sip. Tom drank the whole bottle and was not totally sold on the taste.  He said he would rather have Gatorade!

11 comments:

  1. Interesting. I have never hear of coconut water and its benefits!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coconut water, it was my favorite part of the coconut when we would get fresh ones when I was young. I found a pretty good deal on it on Amazon and the shipping was free. I am guessing you have a much easier time finding it where you are living. :) Have a fantastic New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, new follower here!!

    Not sure I could stand the taste of the coconut water ;)

    Stop by and follow me back if you get a chance :)

    ~Steph
    http://fortheluvofsanity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put coconut oil in my coffee drink every morning. It is of great benefit for prventing as well as restoring mental function for alzhimers patients. It is great stuff. I will look for coconut water.

    Happy New Year and many blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of coconut water... Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of coconut water or seen it. I'd like to try it. Is it really high in carbs?

    Trailing After God

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mel, it says 10g on the carb count.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had never heard of coconut water either! I think I'd mix it with the cranberry juice, sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had coconut water right out of coconuts which were cut from the tree a few minutes before we drank it when we were in Africa! I was surprised that it wasn't the 'coconut milk' that I've heard of...but that is made from soaking the flaked coconut in water. ??? Who knew? Then when we got home I started seeing coconut water being sold everywhere.

    Every sip, I kept thinking, maybe it will taste good this time.

    It didn't! phooey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I mixed it up with Cranberry juice today and that was much better!! I like coconut milk...it tastes good in rice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this! I'll have to see if I can find this stateside.

    ReplyDelete