Friday, June 24, 2011

Weekend Update

 New Jerusalem Mission in Roaring Creek is a church that was started by a young pastor and his wife about a year and a half ago.  We attended their services on Sunday night and were blown away by the worship team.  The drummer was probably seven years old, the keyboard player was maybe ten and the rest of team; 3 singers and a guitarist were all young teens.  They were absolutely incredible.  I was reduced to tears by their talent and their passion.

Tom and I were asked by the pastor if we would be willing to help out now and then and we agreed to step in when we can.  So, today I am putting the finishing touches on a message that I am giving on Saturday at a Women's event they are having. Their theme is "A Time of Refreshing" and I am speaking on Being Encouraged in Heart and United in Love.

Tom is preparing a message for Sunday at New Life Ministries...and he is also attending the event with me on Saturday.  We have been sitting diligently in front of our computers with our Bibles...studying and writing. 

It is also time for us to get our visitor's permits renewed so we will be going over to the Immigration office today as well.  We thought we would be slowing down now that the baptisms, wedding and baby dedication are over at New Life..but apparently we are just getting started.

What plans do you have for the weekend?  Do you get to rest or will it be a busy one for you too?!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Alida. Its good to see you guys are so busy in the Lord's work. Me - plans for the weekend? - with teenagers? It kind of depends on what they're doing. We might manage to squeeze in something we want to do but it has been a hectic week so I'm going to try do nothing (that NEVER works, but I'm still an optimist).
    God bless and I hope the weekend ministry bears much fruit.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have a busy, yet fulfilling weekend ahead of you Alida! I have no doubt God's Love will be in obvious attendance at both events!

    Have a Blessed Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing to be gifted and praising the Lord at such young ages. I would love to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing young people with a heart of worship. No big plans this weekend. Just took my kids to pick up Hermit crabs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Daily Walk- I remember life with teens!! Enjoy whatever time in your weekend that you get for you!

    Phather Phil, thank you!

    Old Queen- You would have loved it!

    Help! Mama- it is such a joy to see young people getting their praise on!

    Just finished up speaking and worshiping at New Jerusalem...looking forward tomorrow at New Life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your response to those young people's gifts of praise, Alida.

    We have our first baseball game free weekend of the summer. It's been slow and easy today...almost like summer should be!

    I'd love to hear your Time of Refreshing message...any chance we'll see excerpts on the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, I hadn't given any thought to pposting parts of my message on the blog. What a great idea... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are busy but doing the work of God is always good. The young folks sound amazing! Such talent - I'm so happy they are able to show it off. Stay well and it's always nice to her from you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reminded of the words of the rabbit from the book Alice in Wonderland – The hurrieder I go the behinder I get. So much work for you to do where you are – you and your husband – I heart that! And I heart your hearts for doing it – and I suspect that God does too. I'm smiling as I type this – I always smile when I read you. God bless and keep you and yours Alida.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you think you'll be able to post your message so we can read it?

    Where is the fun in slowing down!? xx

    ReplyDelete