Thursday, June 30, 2011

What a difference a day makes...

Yesterday was a pain filled day for me.  Part of the joy of fibromyalgia.

I have good days and bad. After getting a full night of sleep today was a fairly good day.

Anyway, we spent the day working in the counseling office, we had a prayer meeting at the Child Development Foundation to pray over all of the upcoming events and tonight I am speaking at church.  So you could say it was a full day.  Usually these long days are stressful and stress is a trigger for pain.  But today I didn't really feel stressed.  And that is a good thing.  A blessing actually.

I had some time at work to put a handout together for my teaching tonight.  I thought it might be helpful for some of the new believers that we have in our meeting.   We will look at knowing who we are in God.  You will notice this is  not a comprehensive list of all of who we are...but it is a start.   Some of the people are new to studying the Bible so I tried to follow the principle of keeping it simple.


  Know Who You Are!
John 1:12- You are His child
John 5: 24 -You have eternal life
2 Corinthians 5:17 -You are made new
1 John 1:9 -You are forgiven
Romans 8:1-You are set free from condemnation
Ephesians 2:13 -You are brought close to Him
Philippians 4:19 -You will be taken care of
1 Peter 2:9 -You are chosen
Romans 5:8 -You are loved
1 Corinthians 15:57 -You are victorious


You were made for more than to just live the same type of life that everyone around you is living...
You have an identity in Christ. 
Remember who you are.




I am grateful for this opportunity to teach tonight and really looking forward to our day off tomorrow!  

14 comments:

  1. Man, these are good things for those of us who are not "new believers". I needed this reminder just now. I am not who people say I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, Jeano! That is what my message is about...we are not who others say we are or what we might think of ourselves sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful list Alida... So full of God's hope and promise for His Children!

    You most certainly bless those in your class.

    Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to hear your day was so pain filled... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just said a prayer for you!
    My mom has fibromyalgia too, it's awful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate the prayers, Missy! So sorry to hear that your mom has fibromyalgia too...I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this set-up! This is great for new believers and old believers, alike!;-) I'm glad you had a good day. Every time that stress hits you, kick in the behind with deep breathing and a prayer asking for The Comforter. It works! I'm a living testimony! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Alida. I'm printing off those scriptures and jotting them all down for myself. Great reminder and great post.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Cynthia! And I appreciate your words of wisdom on how to deal with stress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Alida, Awesomely encouraging Bible verses for all of us! And I know just what you mean - arthritis is another of those "traveling pain" causers. One minute you're fine, the next you're hobbling. And you never know! But God is good, and heaven is coming!!! So we'll cling to that together. :) Have a blessed and happy holiday weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry that you are in pain. I pray that you experience complete healing quickly. I so needed this reminder today of who I am in Him. Thank you for sharing it. I'm going to keep this in front of my face so that I don't forget. Blessings, Candace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for this post. I often feel like I'm stumbling in the dark for a light switch. I feel like if I could only find that switch my life would be full of colour. In your previous post you had a picture of a yellow flower and I looked at it and thought "my life should be like that. bright and vibrant and wonderful"...I hope I get there xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Another thing we have in common, she says tongue in cheek -- fibromyalgia...well, they are not 100% sure for me, but it is likely, and I have had to tremendously slow down my life to try to "reset" and get back on track again! Love hearing the hope in your words as your share your journey in spite of dealing with this chronic pain.

    ReplyDelete