Tuesday, October 04, 2011

stress and strain and prayer concerns...

I don't talk about our counseling load much on the blog because of the importance of confidentiality.  But the past 12 days have been a very stressful time for us.  A very serious issue came up in counseling and it has meant a lot of extra meetings, and loss of sleep.  I cannot really say much about it other than to just ask for prayer.  Please pray for all of the individuals involved in this crisis and for healing to begin in the lives of all affected.  

There is also a family in need that we were able to deliver food to and have been praying with and for.  There is a small church that is closing its doors and we helped with the transition for the congregation.  In the midst of all of this Tom is preparing the curriculum for the first course in a two year Christian Counseling Certificate program that he will teach at Belize Bible Center...so many things in such a short span of time.  We truly covet your prayers.

9 comments:

  1. Lots of prayers coming your way Alida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! Lots of prayers! Hope everything turns out ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you and Tom do for those in your care is truly God's work Alida, and I thank you for those efforts. You absolutely have my prayers.

    Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much...we truly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you and Tom are always in my prayers Alida! Isaiah 40:28-31

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you all ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I under perfectly how you are feeling. I was in that same position when my husband and I were in Jamaica. Much prayer cover sent.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers going up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just said a prayer for all involved.

    ReplyDelete