Thursday, May 03, 2012

66 yr old man with a 17 yr old girlfriend...



John McAfee of McAfee Virus Scan had his Tower Hill Estate in the Orange Walk district here in Belize raided by the Gang Suppression Unit (GSU).  The GSU claims there were rumors of illegal activity on the premises.  McAfee contends the raid was a political retaliation for him refusing to donate funds to the political party that is currently in power here in Belize.  As I read the details of this story this line stood out to me:


Present on the premises at the time were John McAfee, his girlfriend who is a 17 year old Belizean minor, and five security guards.
The article goes on about an unlicensed weapon on the premises, evidence of antibiotics being manufactured on the premises without a licence and that only two of McAfee's security guards are licensed to act as security guards.  Three security guards were arrested  and charged with providing security services without a license, McAfee was initially detained for the unlicensed weapon and there is an ongoing investigation into that matter.  And a decision will be made about charges regarding the antibiotics after the forensic analysis becomes available.

Nothing further is mentioned about the 17 year old girlfriend.  I find this appalling.  A man of his age, his wealth, and his prestige with a minor for a girlfriend.  The legal age of consent for sexual activity in Belize for a female is 16.  So "she has her age" as they say here.  But, to me...all I can think of...is sexual exploitation. I wonder if her family is benefiting financially from her relationship with him?  Who introduced them? And what do they have in common? I cannot imagine a 17 year old girl providing any intellectual stimulation for a 66 year old man.

 I cannot stop shaking my head in disbelief...my heart truly hurts for this girl.

10 comments:

  1. That isnt only wrong.. but its just gross.. I feel bad for that girl too. I am praying for her..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how I feel Jodi...it's wrong...it's gross...it's unreal.

      Delete
  2. that is so sad :(

    Poor girl. Sick old man. Ick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disgusting! There's no other word for it. He's a pervert, because that is NOT normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such a pity but that is the reality these days, young girls in relationship with old men for the sake of money or other benefits. They are not there for anything intellectual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could understand if she was over 21 but a minor? I am just disgusted with him. She may not know any better but he does.

      Delete
  5. Mine to, SO SAD :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are still praying here for her...it truly is sad to me.

      Delete