Wednesday, May 16, 2012

thought for today...a birthday verse

Have you ever been given a verse for your birthday?  

One of the precious gifts that I received yesterday was Zephaniah 3:17.  What a treasure!  Just like the priceless young woman who gave it to me.  She wrote that she was praying these words over my life.  And I am blown away by her thoughtfulness.  Her message went on to say:

"Praying you feel his celebration and delight over your life more and more."

This present arrived the night before my birthday.  A gift from a country eleven and a half hours ahead of the time here in Belize.  I fell asleep contemplating this verse and awoke to the melodic sounds of much needed rain.  God's singing was refreshing the dry earth and bringing with it a cooler temperature.  Such a joy after the long hot days of the dry season that we have endured over the past few months.  

I don't think that I am the only one who needs to feel celebrated and delighted over by Him.  I think many of us need that.  Just as she blessed me...I want to bless you.  Isn't God's word powerful enough to bless and feed us all?  It reaches out to where we are, touching our hearts, and filling our souls.  His word is the spiritual DNA that transforms us to the core.  If we give it room inside of us to do its work....it will rejuvenate us and make us fit for Him. 

May you feel His celebration and delight over you more and more. 
May He quiet your mind with His love 
so that you can hear even the faintest notes of His glorious singing over you!


linking up with:


15 comments:

  1. Hi Alida - what a great idea, a verse for your birthday. Giving me ideas.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a very nice gift indeed! Soo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazing.. I totally agree, we all need to feel celebrated and be delighted over him, a HUGE remembrance each day that slips over the course of the day.. Thanks for this.. big hugs.. Miss stopping in, life's been all over the place.. Hope things are lovely with you.. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice gift...the verse touched me. I needed the reminder

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very sweet! I love this verse it has really spoken to me in my grief.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gift and God's words is the greates gift of all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful word - so encouraging. Love you picture too :) Have a wonderful day!

    http://theemptynestexpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have long loved this passage --= to think that He delights in us is beyond my understanding, and to sing over us, unspeakable joy!

    When ever your birthday was, I pray it was grand!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful verse! One I needed this week. Thank you for sharing your blessing with all of us! Thanks also for giving me a neat idea for blessing others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, I just love that verse. I remember the first time I heard it quoted. Hope you enjoyed a wonderful birthday Alida

    ReplyDelete
  11. I, too, love that verse. It was given to me many years ago by my adopted niece/namesake, and I've treasured it ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "He will rejoice over you with singing." YOU have GOOD friends; count that as a blessing .
    Also reminds me of "the mountains that sing and the trees that clap hands.. " If we put out our cup God will fill it to running over!

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of my favorite verses for sure! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice effect on the picture! Such a great verse. One that I definitely need to remember. Thanks for linking up. I fixed the code, so you can put the button up now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It amazes me all the time that His ways are not our ways and the thought that He loves me that much to give us the quiet and be delighted in us is quite overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete