Wednesday, May 30, 2012

thought for today...Why does God bother with us?

 

Isn't it amazing what God is capable of...the whole of creation... and the immensity of the universe He designed and yet...He cares for us.  He sent His Son to take our punishment.  His sacrificial love overwhelms me.

It makes me want to sing the old hymn 'How Great Thou Art':

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!


I am so grateful for His care as He watches over us.  He planned the universe and He planned each one of us. What a magnificent thought...we matter to Him!

Be sure to take time to consider all that God has made AND the enormity of His love for us.



linking up with:




24 comments:

  1. How great thou art! And how grateful I am to know that I am here by his grace and kept by his love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why, but I am glad HE does. sandie♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a good reminder to remember we are accepted and loved by Him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true...we all need reminders of His love and acceptance from time to time.

      Delete
  4. Because He created us and loves us and How great thou art!
    Blessings,
    Felecia
    PS: I was singing this song just yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We may have been singing it at the same time!

      Delete
  5. Such a good reminder of how important we are to the Lord. Loved this post, bloggy friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Missy...so glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  6. I love this and needed the encouragement, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Tesha...I have been praying for you!

      Delete
  7. What a lovely reminder/message, thank you for sharing this with us! That song is one of my very favorites, and listen to it often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, it is one of my favorites too.

      Delete
  8. Alida, thank you for the kind words you left on my blog. Very cool that you live in Belize. I visited there a few years ago - beautiful country and people! What an incredible and powerful mission you and your husband are on! I wish you guys the best as you continue to help children affected by sexual exploitation. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and for your well wishes...we feel so blessed to be allowed to work here in Belize.

      Delete
  9. I've always marveled at Him but being pregnant has brought it to a different level...He is truly just amazing:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing that He allows us to partner with Him in the creation of life! Every child born alive and healthy is an absolute miracle in my opinion.

      Delete
  10. Amen and AMEN. Such sweet words of encouragement and inspiration - thank you for a lovely visit on this Word-Filled Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Kaye!

      Delete
  11. I was just saying to my sister tonight that when I think of the size of the universe and how powerful God is, I am amazed and in awe. How wonderful he loves even the little birds as well as us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...it truly is wonderful.

      Delete
  12. How incredibly awesome is God, Alida....enjoyed your posting today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is awesome indeed!!

      Delete