Wednesday, May 02, 2012

thought for today...wake up!


It is time to surrender complacency.

It is time to wake up and fully live for Him.

For the past few weeks I have been asking God to wake me up to the things that I need to change in my life.  

Wake me up to the lessons and the gifts of life He has for me along this journey.

I don't want to miss the lessons.

I want to express gratitude and acknowledge all of the gifts.

I want to live as wise and not unwise, as the following verse says, so that I can make the most of each opportunity that God provides.

As I surrender to doing the things that I need to do for my health I have experienced more energy and more clarity of thought.  This has affected me spiritually as well.  I find myself slowly waking up in Him and taking note of the Light of Christ all around. And it is truly beautiful...

May God wake us up so that the Light of Christ shines on us and glorifies Him!



linking up with:
and




15 comments:

  1. You have encouraged me this morning! I have just been cutting back on my eating and have lost a few pounds but feel myself ready to indulge. Your words have inspired me to keep focused and to stay on the path of gluten-free eating even if it's hard to do. Blessings to you dear sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep that one is for me....it is close to midnight when I am reading this, it is not my body that needs to wake up but my heart. thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wake Up O Sleeper....speaks to me. I often "sleep" instead of serve!!! Thanks for the gentle reminder!!! I haven't visited you in a while....try to keep up with you on FB though!!! HOPE your day is blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alida - you have encouraged me! This is a wonderful reminder as it is so easy to slip into complacency.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great inspiration to start the day, thanks Alida!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What lovely words to live by. I read your about me you are truly an amazing woman and blessed to have found such a calling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing how when we are faithful in one area it makes a difference in many other areas. I love the encouragement to wake up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great message... Yes, that is an awesome prayer!

    http://theemptynestexpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alida, bless you my friend. What and encouraging post and one that has called me to step out of complacency. Father, may we all be reminded of ALL you have done for each and everyone of us. Help our eyes to remain fixed upon you. AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely an encouraging post as usual and it does make sense to ask God to wake us up to the things we should be focusing on..thanks Alida!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that Alida....I feel like I'm waking up a bit lately. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's really speaks to me Alida. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Alida - this was very encouraging for me this morning. I think the Lord is 'waking' me up to something and I need to act on it.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amen! complacency is such a sly killer. Thank God for His mercies and for always leading us back to Him. God bless you for sharing

    ReplyDelete