Thursday, August 23, 2012

30 minutes a day for 100 days...

 
Last week I joined in a challenge with some of my friends to walk for 30 minutes a day for 100 days. Today is Day 9.  It's not complicated...but, it's certainly not easy!  I don't always feel like going.  And yet, I like how I feel when I get back home.  

At first I didn't think I could follow through with this commitment.  It is the rainy season here.  And then when the dry season comes it will be way too hot to get out there and exercise.  However, the reality is that it will always be rainy, or hot, or I'll be too busy, or I'll get sick, or something.  So I decided to tough it out and just do it.  

I am doing this to get fit but also to lose the extra pounds I am carrying around before I turn 50 next year.  I want to develop a lifelong habit of daily walking and this seemed the best way to get started. This won't be the last you hear of my 30/100 commitment.  I will keep you all posted and I hope you'll share what you are doing with me as well.  If you decide to join me that would be great! 

So, how often do you exercise and what do you do? 

4 comments:

  1. I started 3 times a week but because I felt better once I started went onto 6 times a week. I either brisk walk or do an exercise video, with my husband or a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Marian! I need to find a video for the rainy days.

      Delete
  2. I thought of YOU this morning when it got to be 8:30 and I hadn't gone on my walk yet. (Late night last night!) I started to tell myself, "It's too late and too hot now," but then I remembered your 100 days and put on my walking sandals.

    Daily: walking. Whenever the mood strikes me: pilates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Olive! That's awesome!

      Delete