Wednesday, August 22, 2012

thought for today...Praise without ceasing!



Reading in Revelation this past week I came across this passage.  It struck me for the first time that the creatures who are crying out are covered with eyes.  They can see everything around them as they continually give praise.  And out of all that they see...the only thing, the only One worthy of praise, is Him who sits on the throne.

How much do we see around us that we cannot take our eyes off of?  How frequently does what we are involved in take us away from praising Him?  I know I am guilty.  It is easy to get caught up in the newest gadget, or project, or my to do list.  It is so easy to 'worship' problems, or fixate on a loved one's situation, or commit to another ministry opportunity, or obsess on what is going on in politics around the world...that I take my focus off of Him.  

Last week I began walking each day for a minimum of thirty minutes. As I walk I notice my surroundings.  All around me is life.  The trees, birds, people, animals, and plants, that I pass all cause me to think about life.  Specifically life in Him. Life because of Him. Most days I walk in the evening as the sun is setting.  When I turn to come back there is a place where the splendor of Him who sits on the throne overwhelms me.  God's paintbrush coats the sky with brilliant orange-gold fire that causes me to breathe deep with wonder.  And all I can do the rest of the way home is give Him praise.

 Let's all take a look around us...see what His hand has created...and give Him praise!


linking up with:

7 comments:

  1. Oooohhhh that's good! I am always sharing with my grandkids to "rejoice always, PRAY WITHOUT CEASING, and in everything give thanks." I'll have to share this with them as well. Thanks for a lovely visit for WFW :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more...there really is a lot of
    Beauty and God's awesomeness around us all the time..:we are too busy focusing on what we don't have!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glory Rain Down.... Amen.... !


    http://thejoyfulservant.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post, amen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this majestic verse. Thrills me every time I hear it. And in my heart I sing the words, "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty. Early in the morning my heart shall turn to Thee..."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alida, I love this. Lately I've been amazed at just how consumed I get playing a little game on my tablet.

    ReplyDelete