Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tasty Tuesday...Gluten Free Cornbread


This will be my first Thanksgiving since I began eating gluten free.  I enjoy eating stuffing and don't want to miss out this year.  Each year here in Belize there is a large group of Expats who gather on Thanksgiving to share a meal. We all bring a dish and have a potluck dinner. 

I want to be able to partake in some of the traditional foods so I decided I needed to figure out how to make a few things that I can eat and hopefully others will enjoy as well. I remembered that my grandmother always used to make a bread stuffing along with a cornbread stuffing back in the day.  So I found a cornbread recipe that I think will work...I am looking forward to trying it out!
click on the title to find the recipe.

 I am still looking for a good pie crust recipe so I can make a sweet potato pie and a peach cobbler.  Not only will we have a Thanksgiving meal on the actual holiday but I also promised Spencer and Meesha that we would celebrate again when they get back from Mexico...so I have plenty of time to practice!

So are you trying anything new this Thanksgiving?

4 comments:

  1. GF Pie Crust: 1 egg, 1/3 c. oil, 1 tbsp. sugar, 1 c. white rice flour and 1/8 tsp. salt. In a bowl whisk together egg, oil and sugar. Gently stir in flour and salt until moistened. Preheat oven to 350. Make dough int a ball and place in the center of a 9" round, glass pie pan. Evenly spread with rubber spatula around pan and up sides. staying half an inch away from edges. Prick bottom of crust several times with fork. Bake 13-15 minutes on the center bottom rack. Cool on wire rack.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure there are more gluten free foods out there. I was going to make lasagne for my husband family dinner but I don't know If they would go for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of recipes out there. For lasagna I use zucchini instead of noodles...it tastes great!

      I hope your family enjoys the change up...it's always fun to have something new on the holiday table.

      Delete